Sunday, July 25, 2010

Mission Trip - India

Yesterday we went to the Indian reservation, the majority of what we did there was pull weeds out of the school yard. It was hard work but the happiness on the faces of the people was worth it. We went to mass on the reservation. there were very few locals attending, a fact which made me sad. I did meet some of the Missionaries of Charity that worked there, as it turns out one of them came from the same part of India as my mom! (she was disappointed that i did not know my moms language :( (it is on my to do list) We also went to a cool mountain range. Several of us climbed/crawled to the top and then slid down. It was epic. Plus the stone was so soft you could write your name in it. All in all it was an excellent day.

1 comment:

Inch said...

I would love it if you learn Malayalam!
-mom